Saturday, April 4, 2015

Charm and Sashing Quilting

I call this quilt "Sashing with Charm". This quilt was my first experience in teaching myself how to incorporate sashing with charm pack squares. I think I discovered the hardest way to do sashing. I found along the way a much easier technique than using full length strips of fabric. It was quite tricky to get every corner to match up doing it the way my head imagined it.
 
But that is the magic and wonder of quilting. There is more than one way to piece a quilt. I designed this quilt myself with no pattern. I'm sure there are many quilt patterns out there that look like this quilt but I was still learning and I created this on my own brain power and creative juices without using a pattern or picture. This quilt was for my sister, Chelsea's first baby Kaycee.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment